— activity & upcoming events.
⭐05.23 | mountain-entry: yamagata, japan with dai-ajari mitsunaga kakudo.
For more on Rev. Mitsunaga Kakudo see my translation of:
Living in the Practice: An Interview with Dai-Ajari Mitsunaga Kakudo.
⭐ current | lecture series: learning from the thirty-three sections.
⭐ current | services:
Regular services are conducted. Please contact for further details.
⭐ current | foundational material on doctrine and practice.
An introduction to Shugen doctrine and the daily liturgies of our school.
Introductory material and learning opportunities ongoing.
Please contact me for further details.
⭐ forthcoming: learning from the dharma-gate of shugen (修験法門; shūgen hōmon).
📄 Please contact me for further details. See here for a basic foundation in Dharma.
⭐ current translation projects:
• Shūgen Senpō Working Group.
• Horagai Ryūra-Sahō Working Group.
• Learning from An Account of Shugen in Thirty-Three Sections.
• Learning from The Collection on the Essential Practices of Shugen.
• A Commentary on Shugen's single-offering homa-method dedicated to Acalanatha Vidyaraja.
• A Commentary on Shugen's 'roaring-homa' rite.
• [book] Shugen: Rebirth Through Nature with Prof. Gaynor Sekimori.
— past events:
• 01/23 - 03/23 | Winter Training.
• 12.05.22 | Reflections on a Past Pilgrimage
• 01.22 | Provincial Developments in the History of Shugen Part 1: Dewa.
• 06.2021 | Sangha QLD: Interventions into the Prison system Zoom Session.
• 13.04.2021 | Zoom Lecture: Shugendo and the politics of Indigeneity in Aoteroa
• 04.2020 | Online Zoom Lectures from Kannon-ji.
• 02.2020 | JP Society Online discussion ft. Rev. Shionuma Ryojun: Overcoming Mountains.
• 06.2019 | QSA Chaplaincy Convocation.
• Mt. Koshikidake Mountain Entry & Valley Entry: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
• 2019 | Mt. Omine: Yoshino - Jinsen - Nachi Pilgrimage.
• 2015 | Mt. Haguro/Dewa-Sanzan: Cultural Revival with Rev. Komei Sato and Rev. Kokai Shimazu
• 2014 | Japan Shugendo Cultural Studies Association gathering: Tamukeyama Hachiman-gu Shrine, Nara.